Monday, April 18, 2011

My Birthday


Aww man. I started blogging and then had a bunch of really great things happen that I wanted to write about and now too much time has passed and 50 pages worth of material has come and gone. Such is life. I guess that’s why good intentions don’t get us very far.
Anyways…

My birthday was AMAAZZAAZZING! We celebrated for 4 days. Yes. FOUR. It included some awesome gifts from my husband: a box of new Crayola crayons (I LOVE NEW CRAYONS and I don’t use crayons after the tip wears down cuz then they just aren’t the same, even if you sharpen them.) I haven’t gotten a new box of crayons in probably 2 or 3 years. This was very exciting to me! He also got me a movie and some Circus cookies and my first ever “For my Wife” card! And best of all we colored a picture together and he intentionally picked a picture that only required the color brown since I don’t really care for that color and therefore would not be upset if the tip wasn’t sharp anymore. He’s great!

Saturday morning we went to family breakfast, and a Giants spring training game later that evening. Then Sunday, Caleb and Miriam (Josh’s brother and his wife) took us to a movie. It was great to spend time with them. However I will briefly say that Sucker Punch was an absolutely horrible movie and I don’t recommend anybody watch it ever! Awful! Awful! Then Sunday night Aaron & Christen (my besties) took us out to The Melting Pot. Oh my goodness….best restaurant ever. Highly recommended. I loved everything about it and can’t wait until my husband and I can afford to take a special trip back. It is definitely an indulgence place but if you get the opportunity to go at some point in your life it is well worth it! Amazing food, amazing place. And as to some people’s hesitation about having to “cook your own food”, it’s not really like that at all. There is a burner in the middle of your table. The server prepares all the sauces and brings you everything you need. The only part that involves participation is sticking the food on the tong and letting it sit in the pot for 2 minutes or dipping it into the sauce. It gives you an opportunity to enjoy every bite and to talk with the people at your table. I really like it and didn’t think it was a bother or any more effort than cutting my food up and sticking it my mouth at any other restaurant. This just happened to give you timed intervals when nobody had food in their mouth to enjoy each other’s company and then everybody takes a bite at the same time and then goes back to talking. Way cool if you ask me.

Then on Monday Christen and I went to IKEA which is now my newest favorite store in the whole world. It has EVERYTHING and at super great prices. I will be going back.  I could spend hours there. Which is why I am glad I have Christen because she doesn’t rush me and we can enjoy ourselves without worrying that the other of us is getting bored or wants to leave. Best friends are awesome.
This is the first birthday I have had where I went all out on the celebrating front since I was 10 and got carbon monoxide. If it weren’t for some of my friends and family in the past couple years I probably wouldn’t have celebrated at all. I am very blessed to have so many people around me who love me. Thanks to everyone who helped to make my birthday amazing and to show their love for me. I feel very loved!!!

P.S. I can’t wait to go see Les Mis in June. That is Mom & Dad Lewis’ present to all of us for our birthdays this year and I am so stoked! YAY

1 comment:

  1. I love the melting pot! Such a neat place to go and celebrate something special. We've done it three times for our anniversary... the melting pot, that is :o) That could have gone horribly wrong, had I not stated that fact. Haha!

    ReplyDelete